The Light of Truth

Scroll to the "Table of Contents" at the sidebar of my blog. Click "The Light of Truth" to read my short story. Directly below the "Table of Contents", you can vote whether you like my story or not! (For more details and to find out whether you like it or not, go to the "The Light of Truth" page.) :-) And please be honest. I want your TRUTHFUL opinion! Don't just say the best to be nice!

See Books I Enjoy or Recommend

You can see some of the books I enjoy or recommend! They're all great! Go under the TABLE OF CONTENTS at the sidebar of my blog and click the bottom link.

Read My Book, The Longs

My book, The Longs, is a story of faith, four siblings, and a family friend...who share adventures that will change their lives forever.
You can see its sequel below. Each include interactive activities, discussion questions, contact availability, and more.

James 1:2-3

Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone!  I'm afraid I'm not going to post a poem, quite yet.  Maybe in a couple of days.  I guess I'm too lazy.  Now, for that I can apologize, for I promised you a poem and here you are, faithfully checking my blog (I hope), for the promised poem, and you aren't getting it.  I'm sorry.

I can, however, tell you the Easter story.  That's primary.  Could I ever skip Easter without posting the Easter story?  Who knows.  It may benefit you, and I wouldn't ever want to give up that chance.

Inside this story, I may list a couple of facts written in bold font.  You may want to pay attention to those.  Important things are, of course, italicized. 

Now, inside this post, there are a lot of links (of Bible verses, specifically.)  As you are probably just at the top of my blog, and can't see past a certain line in the post, you might be thinking, Crazy Anna!  What do you mean, a lot of links?  I see hardly any, if not none!  Well, I apologize further for finding erring fault in you, but please scroll down and you will see as many as you need to last yourself a link-thy lifetime...he he! ;-)

(Please note before you start reading the official post: I am not trying to save every reader, which is up to God, in his own time and ways, to do, or to be all "preachy," as some might say.  I really hope I'm not being that way.  I simply wish to tell you the remarkable story of God's creation and plans and to convey to you the unfathomable wonder of the plans, which wouldn't work without His incomprehensible, unconditionally incessant love.  What would my blog be but a failure if I failed to proclaim His greatness?)

And now, I may as well be concise.



We're all sinners. (This is a fact, Fact #1.  You'll see more throughout these paragraphs.) In the beginning, when God created the Earth, (if you think about it, a gazillion innumerable atoms couldn't have just randomly grouped together and made this perfectly working Earth - someone must have made it, and that Someone is God; see Genesis 1:1), he made a man and a woman.  These were Adam and Eve, and he created them perfectly.  That is, nothing of God's creation was originally created imperfect.  By perfect, I mean: Glorifying God (to whom all glory is due, He having made us and our Earth and all that is in it, including everything we've ever had knowledge about and everything we don't have knowledge about--to summarize, everything--he knows each word on your tongue before it's out, he knows and loves to invest in the future of everyone and everything; see Psalm 139:1-18) as well as obeying Him and His holy commandments (Psalm 19:7).  Nothing God does is wrong or imperfect.  This is beside his nature, not being created or human.  See Deuteronomy 32:4 and 2 Samuel 22:31. He has a purpose for everything, including the war, destruction, disease, death, lies, and other results of sin (Romans 8:28).

Well, let's continue with our little story.  When God made Eve from Adam's rib in the Garden of Eden, they were meant to live together in harmony.

Also, God told them not to eat of the fruit from one tree in the Garden of Eden.

Now Satan, the enemy--to whom God gave power for just a little while in order that he may convey his plans deeper and have a far closer relationship with His creations than He ever could have had without the consequential trials, and whom God will crush in the end of time (Rev. 20:10 may be applicable, though I don't think that's the exact reference, which I don't think I could find), so that he is utterly subdued, powerless, nonexistent, and no more--was there in the Garden.

Here's the story.  You may as well read it right here for yourself.  It's easier, anyway, than clicking a link and reading all that.  (I would put it in bold, as it is all fact, coming from the Bible, but you should be able to imply that, at least judging from what I've told you previously on my blog.  Besides, it's easier to read print when it's regular and not bold.)  I've purposely made the print in a different font to contrast the chapter of God's Word from my writing.

Genesis 3

Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made.
He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” 2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, 3 but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” 4 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.

8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” 10 And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” 11 He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?” 12 The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.” 13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

14 The Lord God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this,
cursed are you above all livestock
and above all beasts of the field;
on your belly you shall go,
and dust you shall eat
all the days of your life.

15 I will put enmity between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and her offspring;
he shall bruise your head,
and you shall bruise his heel.”

16 To the woman he said,
“I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing;
in pain you shall bring forth children.
Your desire shall be for your husband,
and he shall rule over you.”

17 And to Adam he said,
“Because you have listened to the voice of your wife
and have eaten of the tree
of which I commanded you,
‘You shall not eat of it,’
cursed is the ground because of you;
in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
18 thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you;
and you shall eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your face
you shall eat bread,
till you return to the ground,
for out of it you were taken;
for you are dust,
and to dust you shall return.”

20 The man called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.21 And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.

22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—” 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. 24 He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.

Now you know the story.

There must be a remedy.

Before the beginning of time, God had everything mapped out.  Nothing going astray from His plan, He knew what it would be.  Let me tell you something which might be helpful for you, just before I tell you something else which might also be helpful, before I tell you something else which will be utterly beneficially helpful!  Here's the first bit of helpfulness.

First Bit of Helpfulness: God knew, of course, knowing everything,that there would be sin in the world.  I mean, He is God.  How could anything take Him by surprise?  Imagine something taking God by surprise!  Try as you might, but I certainly can't, because whatever you think and whatever the world may strive to believe, it's impossible to take God by surprise.  Now, sin wasn't part of His plan.  Morally, it probably would have been pretty nice to have an always-perfect world.  Note this: He created it perfect originally.  Sin wasn't part of His plan, but He knew it would occur (being God).  He allowed, as I told you at the second-to-last paragraph before I inserted "Genesis 3", for sin to happen, which allowed, hence, for a deeper, more "radical," if you will, relationship with His creations.  Sin was from the devil (whom he allowed a bit of time for power for these relationships with His chosen children).  He knew sin would come into the world, though it wasn't part of His plan, and in His plan, he worked around sin, working it all for the good of those who love the Lord (Romans 8:28--the link is also above).  He needed a remedy to defeat sin, and sin is so great, no matter how little, in the eyes of men, it is, and so colossally massive (don't you love the word colossal? :-) ) and botched and tainted and disgusting compared to His great, colossally massive holiness!  Of course, as I just stated, He in his great majesty worked around sin in his plans, using them for good, which in itself conquers them, firstly.  But they needed to be conquered over-all, I suppose you could say.  He needed that relationship with His children, which could not be had if they were still immersed in sin, refusing to trust Him, the most trustworthy being ever, for He created and is thus in control of all things.  (Therefore, He being your refuge (Psalm 46:1), you really should trust Him!  He loves you!  That's a bold fact, and italicized, because you should know it.)  And he knew only one thing could free His children of their captivity.

       Here's a second, unexpected bit of helpfulness I suppose I should add (but keep it detached from the previous, first bit of helpfulness, for that paragraph is already too long for me!): God loves you.  That doesn't mean he doesn't give you the necessary consequences vital to draw you to Him.  Remember, he uses everything for His good and glory (which is the best thing "everything" could be used for), and he wants to draw you into a loving relationship with Him, a paternal/filial relationship.  He made you, after all!  He doesn't get frustrated with you...He doesn't have to, now that what I am about to tell you has been accomplished, anyway, not that He ever did even before that, I think.  He draws you into a loving relationship!  It's quite mind-boggling he doesn't get frustrated with us.  I'd get frustrated a million times living with myself, after all.  But He loves us.  He wants to be, and is, a Father to us, and in loving us, and in crafting a relationship with us, He must gently chastise us for our wrongdoings, in order that He show us how to live rightly for His name's sake (Hebrews 12:5-11).
 
Here's the second intentional bit of helpfulness.  Second Intentional Bit of Helpfulness: I think it would be helpful, before I tell you of God's plan and remedy for our sins, for you to know the meaning of the word trinity.  I'll define it as if I'm a lexicographer.  (I'm not.)  Below I wrote some parts in bold for further "dictionary" effect.  I mean, of course a definition is fact, but I didn't really intend it to be as if it were fact.
  trinity (n) 1) three-in-one
  Origins: tri- three (e.g. a tricycle has 3 wheels).
  Other References: "Trinity" defined at dictionary.com


Oh, my!  Would you look at that!  I was just about to go on telling you of God's remedy for our sins, when up came another little bit of unexpected helpfulness, ambling idly along, and somehow entering my mind's capacity of Bits of Helpfulness, yet in such a manner that telling you of what it says is unavoidable.  So, it's unanticipated, or I didn't think of putting it in my post at first.  I was just going to go on telling you of His plan.  That doesn't mean it's not just as vitally important, so would you please, bear with me one moment longer--I know I must have taken up 24 hours at least of your day already with my long tellings, for which I'm sorry, but I just keep on thinking of things to tell you!  Now here it is--I better tell you before it goes on right through my Bits of Helpfulness brain capacity.   Second Bit of Unexpected Helpfulness: Uggh!  I just forgot it!  I was so sidetracked with telling you of just how it came into my mind that I probably forgot it did come into my mind and that it wouldn't stay there forever, and now it's gone past!  Well, if it should come again, I'll gladly halt in my speech, blurt it in bold form, and continue on as if nothing happened.  Be on the lookout for it!

Here's God's remedy.

He needed, as I told you--this is a brain-refresher--a remedy for our sins.  Our sins are so awful compared to His holiness that really, we cannot be in His presence without--well, I don't know what without, but I think we'd die.  Yes, that must be it.  Literally.  We're so stained, it's impossible.  It's like a random, disease-ridden, bad-clad (or should I say, badly-clad!) ragamuffin off the streets of London entering the Royal Buckingham Palace and being adopted by the Royal Family.  That's not going to happen.  Random, disease-ridden, bad(ly)-clad ragamuffins off the English streets are not going to wander into the Buckingham Palace and be accepted and tolerated by the King/Queen without being shot to death (specifically by the many, doubtlessly heavily-armed guards), much less adopted with love.

Something would need to happen first.  That something is: the King/Queen would have to send Royal Doctors to fix up the random, disease-ridden, bad(ly)-clad ragamuffin off of the English streets to heal him, and maybe a few Royal Tailors and Clothing Manufacturers to make him suitable clothing.  Then, just maybe, he'd be presentable to the King/Queen...though wouldn't adoption with love be going a bit far?

(Remember, I'm not preaching to you, am I?  I hope I'm not.  That's not my intention.  My intention is to share with you God's Word of truth.  That is my intention.)

Say our Buckingham-Palace-and-the-Royal-Refurbishers illustration actually happened.  (Saying this probably isn't necessary for what I'm trying to say, but what I'm trying to say makes more sense if we say it.)  Just like the English King/Queen would send one of their Royal Refurbishing Counterparts to fix up the random, disease-ridden, bad(ly)-clad ragamuffin, who otherwise would be utterly unpresentable to their Royal Highness, so God must send someone, someone of Himself--that is, someone holy--to fix our disease-ridden, spiritually sick bodies.  Everyone sins and was born in sin  (Romans 3:23; Psalm 51:5). There's not a person among us, ever, that hasn't sinned.  Except the person God sent to save us.  I'm getting to that, don't worry.

Well, by now you've been wondering: Your Bits of Helpfulness, Anna, which, if excluded, would have saved me approximately 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds of the 24 hours it's taking me to read this  boring, overly-sized post?  How are they coming into play?  {How is the story of Easter even coming into play, by the way?}  I don't see how they're helpful!  I wish you hadn't put them up and then I wouldn't have read them thinking I'd have to, and I'd have saved myself so much of my precious little recreational time!  It'd be quite to your shame if you thought that just now, for here--ha!--they are coming into play... or at least one of them, the first one, is... :-)  Pride goes before a fall, they always say!

So, back to the point of my whole long post.  God must send a remedy because of his deep, unfathomable, unshakable and unconditional love for us, which remains faithfully through and through.  No matter your sin.  Think you've done something too awful for anyone, let alone God, to possibly love (yes, I know it's a split infinitive, now let it go) you?  Here's the truth: You haven't.  At least not God.  He loves you, he craves a relationship with you, and he will be able to look through your sins, as if they were transparent and practically nonexistent, and love you despite it all, if, in a relationship predestined by Him before the beginning of time, you apologize, not in your own strength, but due to God's compelling "urges", say, to you. 

You know why?  Because God sent His Son.

I'll post more tomorrow...I've borrowed enough of your time already.  Goodnight, and enjoy the remaining hours of your 2013 Easter while you can! :-)

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment